Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Day 6 July 5, 2014



Oh darn – another great day of blue sky weather!

As I had arranged, I met with a fellow BMW biker named Mike Malinowski at a swanky restaurant called Kipps just west of Minneapolis for 7:30 AM breakfast.  I had never met Mike before but sold him a saddle bag last year over the Internet and thought it would be fun to get together in person while I was in his neighborhood.  We talked bikes, and travel.  He too is well-traveled and showed me some very interesting pictures of a trip that he talk with his wife to Rome, where they were re-married, restating their wedding vows in the Vatican with all proper pomp and circumstance.  We fought over the check but Mike won, so it was a lovely way to start the long, long journey to western North Dakota.

The ride across North Dakota was spent on Interstate 94 at sustained speeds between 80 and 100 miles an hour.  I did not see even one policeman the entire time in North Dakota. I goofed up and did not get off at the correct exit for Fargo, which I had planned to visit.   I did exit for a brief visit in Bismarck where I saw the state capital and took a short visit to the North Dakota heritage Center where I learned about the dinosaurs that roamed North Dakota eons ago.

I rolled into Medora, in western North Dakota about an hour and a half before sunset and camped out in a lovely campground with views of the badlands of North Dakota. 

No comments:

Post a Comment