Wednesday, June 18, 2014

One Month To Go!

The excitement is building- I leave on July 1st! With the flood of television reality shows having to do with Alaska, I find myself receiving preview after preview of some of the experiences that The Bev and are likely to absorb while we are "in state."
My "shake out" camping trip at World's End State Park with buddy Jim Lenahans earlier this month was a super chance to review my camping, cooking, riding, and packing systems for Alaska. I found my packing skills wanting and need to carefully revise the spreadsheet I devised for noting which items go in which of the 7 bags that I am bringing to Alaska. The hour and a half I needed to break down and pack up my tent has to be greatly improved. On the happy side, my just-serviced BMW K 75 S, with its new extra tall windscreen, ran beautifully and afforded excellent wind protection. My new-high visibility Tour Master 3-season jacket was perfect for the job as overnight temperatures went down into the 30s.


No comments:

Post a Comment